5 Traits of Successful Freelance.
Achieving autarky doesn’t come easy. Its share of struggles is the clay that shapes careers. Many fail to take any form. But there are some who end up being a masterpiece creation. So, what makes the number of these freelancers different from the rest? It’s their personality traits. Here are 5 that are common among the successful ones.
• Giving up is a phrase absent from their dictionary: The one thing that successful freelancers are terrible at is giving up. Perseverance is second nature to them. Its part of their daily routine to track potential clients and keep knocking on the door every now and then in search of work. Plus, they ensure to remain at the top of the mind of those who offer regular work. They believe that the best way to win is to keep going. The farther you go, the closer to get to the road to success.
• A walking and talking encyclopedia of specialized skills: There cannot be a fruitful career without its building blocks. Successful freelancers build their profession on in-depth knowledge and skills in their area of interest. So that any problem that clients approach them with for solutions is not a problem for them. Of course, it’s hard work to upgrade expertise constantly with tons of development happening in their field on a daily basis. Then again, no one said success would come easy. There’s a good reason why prosperous freelancers use the word ‘expert’ as a prefix to their name.
• One-man social medium: This is the golden rule of a thriving career in freelancing. The better networked you are, the better your chances to do well. There’s no denying the fact that everyone needs assistance, including the best. This doesn’t mean that successful freelancers have a weak point. Rather, it means that there are plenty of people out there who’re more than willing to lend a helping hand on the basis of reputation. After all, being associated with a well-known freelancer is mutually beneficial for others in the circle, too.
• A tailored way of working for clients: To each his own is their mantra. They understand exactly what each client wants and have a way of getting on with work to the said specifications and preferences. Probably the reason why success comes to them through regular and lucrative projects.
• Learnt the most from rejections: Failure is their biggest teacher. Unlike those who tend to walk away dejected and see no light at the end of the tunnel by failing, freelancers who’ve made it analyze in detail why could they not land the assignment. So that they can iron out the shortcomings and come back stronger next time. Receiving lessons this way not only prevents the repeat of the same mistake twice but also etches it in the memory as an experience.
One that complements success. Successful freelancers are an example. Their traits are there for all to see. It’s just how well these traits are adapted that make all the difference to careers.
- How L’oreal Used Social Media for Recruitment (case study)
- How will Artificial Intelligence change the Recruitment Landscape?
- Apple, Google, and 13 other companies no longer require employees to have a college degree
- 17 Quotes by Recruiting Pros to Alter your Hiring Process
- Strategies Entrepreneurs can use to Stay Disciplined